Goals & Priorities
Downtown Development Authority of Augusta
Short Term Projects:
- Develop a public informational brochure about the DDA.
- Work with and assist the proposed hotel development at the Commons.
- Work with and assist the city with the bond issuance and other issues with the TEE Center and related parking deck.
- Develop a project list for SPLOST VI.
- Establish public/private partnerships to revitalize the Augusta Riverwalk.
- Continue to monitor remaining SPLOST V Projects:
- Museum Green Space
- Pilot Lighting Project
- Ellis Streetscape Project
Long Term Projects:
- Continue to assist the Medical College of Georgia’s expansion efforts.
- Publish Periodic newsletters.
- Evaluate the feasibility of a trolley system in conjunction with the city’s overall public transportation plan.
- Create business opportunities in East Boundary, Harrisburg West –End and Laney Walker neighborhoods.
- Create business opportunities for the third level canal revitalization.
- Lead and assist with developing a parking management strategy.